FTTP Project Supervisor
Location: East Anglia
Salary: £28,000 - £37,000
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
Reporting to the Service Delivery Manager, responsible for Building the Trooli Network delivering THP. The role holder will be allocated Towns and responsible for ensuring that the works are completed Safely, in accordance with all relevant O.R and Trooli specifications, on time, to budget and timelines meet the delivery rollout program.
THE DAY JOB
- Manage a team of field engineers or sub-contractors responsible for delivering FTTP(H)
- Responsible for project delivery and quality control of Fibre Optic Network
- Collation of data for project plans and keeping these up to date
- Verifying at relevant project stages (‘sign-off’) that these standards have been achieved (or triggering remedial action required)
- Civils. Working with the project support team and civils contractor, you will oversee blockage clearance and other groundworks.
Route plans. Interpreting plans produced by planning team and circulating them to direct labour team and subcontractors. Prioritising work and monitoring the output of the teams to ensure the project completes on time. Keeping records and updating systems to share information including providing progress reports weekly.
As-Built documentation. Collate evidence from the installation team to assist the Project Delivery Manager with the As-Built submission on completion of build.
Build Quality. Ensuring the finished build is of the highest standard before handing over to our connections team.
Health & Safety. Promoting safe working practices and making sure Health and Safety policy is always at the forefront of everything we do.
Development of People. To carry our performance reviews and identify training requirements for continual development of team.
WE'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU IF...
- Understanding of FTTP, Openreach network and Civils delivery.
- Thorough working knowledge of a fibre network build through significant prior job experience and training on site.
- Experience of managing teams and effectively managing performance.
- Experience and Qualification within street works and an understanding of the New Roads & Street Works Act 1991(NRSWA).
- Experience of working on the Openreach Network – Desirable.
- Working knowledge in splicing, testing and fault finding on fibre optic networks.
- Demonstrate the ability to talk the ‘same language’ as civils and cabling contractors.
- Demonstrable experience of working with/for telecommunications operators or service partners.
- Strong fit for our brand and organisational culture.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Ms Project.
WE'LL LOVE YOU IF...
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Assertive and dependable
- Self-motivated organiser
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Confidence with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to interpret plans in various formats
- High level of numeracy
- Desirable: Knowledge of NSRWA Streetworks (training will be given)
AND IN RETURN, YOU'LL GET...
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Gym membership discount
- Generous life insurance policy
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Career progression
- Free parking
- Friendly working environment
- Company laptop
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- COVID secure and risk assessed employer