Location: Kings Hill, Kent
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
A BIT ABOUT US
Here at Trooli, we’re on a mission to banish buffering, vanish video call embarrassment and clear up those “up to” speed claims that give broadband a bad name.
How? By providing our new, guaranteed, ultrafast, full fibre broadband speeds to as many communities as possible across Kent, East Sussex and beyond.
We’ve already got the great network, now we need more great people to take us even further.
Think you can help? Here’s why you should get in touch …
- We’re passionate about growth
We’ve come a long way in 3 years, from nothing to 200,000+ premises passed, 10 staff to over 250 and are now one of the most respected altnets in the industry – and that’s just the start. But it’s not just our network, we’re passionate about ensuring our employees grow with us too.
- We’re passionate about our people
At the heart of our culture is a belief that a company should be much more than politics and processes. That doesn’t mean these don’t exist, but it does mean that our people are the most important part of our business, that life here is that bit more fun and our high staff retention rates are something we’re rightly proud of.
- We’re passionate about our customers – wouldn’t it be nice for a broadband network to be independent of Openreach and have complete control of where it builds and the experience our customers receive? Well, that’s exactly what Trooli is and with an Excellent Trustpilot rating from our customers, it’s clear we’re doing something right!
Still interested? Read on…
This is an exciting role for someone looking to join a small team of like-minded people to build a large-scale fibre to the home business. Reporting to the Head of Technical Services, your key purpose will be to monitor and maintain both our live fibre access network and our ISP network. You will with the Networks team as well as with our field engineers rolling out new infrastructure and maintaining the existing. Working with the wider team you will improve our existing processes and help develop new ones to improve our efficiencies.
THE DAY JOB
- Ability to prioritise network alarms and incidents in order to fulfil KPI commitments
- Deliver proactive network monitoring and implement corrective action to ensure optimal network performance.
- To provide second line diagnostics and provide technical updates on incidents and to other members of the service desk team and senior management.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and sponsor the introduction of system changes to improve efficiency.
- Work well within our NOC team and have the ability to work shift pattern.
- You’ll proactively monitor connectivity solutions to ensure events are captured and resolved before they become an incident, whilst in the event of a major service outage, liaise with all relevant departments to undertake emergency fault diagnostics to resolution.
WE'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU IF...
You will have at least 2 years’ experience gained ideally within the telecoms industry or a relevant qualification. You will have an understanding of installing, configuring and supporting network equipment. You will be able to perform a broad range of technically challenging tasks across complex networks.
WE'LL LOVE YOU IF...·
- Excellent analytical, fault diagnosis and troubleshooting skills.
- Knowledge and experience of escalation process.
- Exceptional communicator: you will be diplomatic when the need arises, whilst having the confidence to remain assertive and deliver clear instructions.
- Knowledge and experience of Cisco or Juniper systems would be advantageous.
AND IN RETURN, YOU'LL GET...
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Gym membership discount
- Generous life insurance policy
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Career progression
- Free parking
- Friendly working environment
- Company laptop
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- COVID secure and risk assessed employer