Senior Network Engineer
Location: Kings Hill, Kent
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
A BIT ABOUT US
Here at Trooli, we’re on a mission to banish buffering, vanish video call embarrassment and clear up those “up to” speed claims that give broadband a bad name.
How? By providing our new, guaranteed, ultrafast, full fibre broadband speeds to as many communities as possible across Kent, East Sussex and beyond.
We’ve already got the great network, now we need more great people to take us even further.
Think you can help? Here’s why you should get in touch …
- We’re passionate about growth
We’ve come a long way in 3 years, from nothing to 200,000+ premises passed, 10 staff to over 250 and are now one of the most respected altnets in the industry – and that’s just the start. But it’s not just our network, we’re passionate about ensuring our employees grow with us too.
- We’re passionate about our people
At the heart of our culture is a belief that a company should be much more than politics and processes. That doesn’t mean these don’t exist, but it does mean that our people are the most important part of our business, that life here is that bit more fun and our high staff retention rates are something we’re rightly proud of.
- We’re passionate about our customers – wouldn’t it be nice for a broadband network to be independent of Openreach and have complete control of where it builds and the experience our customers receive? Well, that’s exactly what Trooli is and with an Excellent Trustpilot rating from our customers, it’s clear we’re doing something right!
Still interested? Read on…
We’re a small company with a very exciting future. This opening provides an exceptional opportunity for an experienced and talented Senior Network Engineer, based at our Head Office. The role will involve designing, building and optimising digital solutions, assisting with the and testing of equipment for our network and operating as a lead and key escalation point for our junior network engineers.
THE DAY JOB
- Deliver planned network upgrades in collaboration with the Technical Services team to support the ever-expanding Trooli FTTP coverage.
- Deliver proactive network monitoring and implement corrective action to ensure optimal network performance.
- Provide leadership and guidance for our junior network engineers.
- Identify, document and evaluate opportunities to improve the network architecture.
- Develop, document, communicate, and deliver the policies for standardising network and software as necessary.
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and sponsor the introduction of system changes to improve efficiency.
- Work with our current and new equipment partners to deliver our programme of continual innovative development - testing and validating new ideas and equipment.
WE'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU IF...
You will have at least 1 year experience in a senior networking role, ideally in the telecoms industry. You will be able to perform a broad range of technically challenging tasks across complex networks and leading-edge technology including network evaluation, design, and capacity management.
- Excellent analytical, fault diagnosis and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience configuring and supporting wide range of network equipment, including but not limited to: Juniper, Adtran, Ciena and other telecoms based.
- Experience of GPON / XGS-PON based networks.
- Strong knowledge of PPPoE, BGP, OSPF, MPLS as well as L2/L3 fundamentals.
- Exceptional communicator: you will be diplomatic when the need arises, whilst having the confidence to remain assertive and deliver clear instructions.
AND IN RETURN, YOU'LL GET...
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Gym membership discount
- Generous life insurance policy
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Career progression
- Free parking
- Friendly working environment
- Company laptop
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- COVID secure and risk assessed employer