Location: Bracknell, Crowborough
Salary: £22,000 - £30,000
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
A BIT ABOUT US
Here at Trooli, we’re on a mission to banish buffering, vanish video call embarrassment and clear up those “up to” speed claims that give broadband a bad name. ?
How? By providing our new, guaranteed, ultrafast, full fibre broadband speeds to as many communities as possible across Kent, East Sussex and beyond.?
We’ve already got the great network, now we need more great people to take us even further. ?
Think you can help? Here’s why you should get in touch …?
- We’re passionate about growth ?
We’ve come a long way in 3 years, from nothing to 200,000+ premises passed, 10 staff to over 250 and are now one of the most respected altnets in the industry – and that’s just the start. But it’s not just our network, we’re passionate about ensuring our employees grow with us too. ?
- We’re passionate about our people ?
At the heart of our culture is a belief that a company should be much more than politics and processes. That doesn’t mean these don’t exist, but it does mean that our people are the most important part of our business, that life here is that bit more fun and our high staff retention rates are something we’re rightly proud of.?
- We’re passionate about our customers – wouldn’t it be nice for a broadband network to be independent of Openreach and have complete control of where it builds and the experience our customers receive? Well, that’s exactly what Trooli is and with an Excellent Trustpilot rating from our customers, it’s clear we’re doing something right! ?
Still interested? Read on…
The successful applicant will support the test rod and rope team by clearing silt from ducts using a jetting machine. The de-silt team will sometimes work alongside our cablers and at other times will be called in to attend after an unsuccessful attempt at test rod and rope. The de-silt team will be required to re-charge the tank with water from hydrants and then navigate to the affected duct following our on-line job pack. Once the jetting has been successfully carried out the section de-silt team will rope the section. When a desilt fails and proves to be a blocked or collapsed duct, the desilt team will produce an A55 and take photographs. From time to time the desilt team will be required to assist with conventional test rod an rope or cabling, you will be working within a region locally.
THE DAY JOB
- Working safely in accordance with our health and safety policy at all times
- Carry out risk assessments and method statements
- Demonstrate working knowledge knowledge of how to report blockages using A55 process
- Will be required to work days and nights
- Reports to the Deployment Manager responsible for Central Functions.
- Will be confident with Chapter 8 and have a thorough working knowledge of the red book
- Willing to dig silt out of boxes when necessary.
- Accustomed to working on PIA in Openreach Network
WE'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU IF...
- Experience in de-silting
- Knowledge of BT PIA Network
- Comfortable with using online application for Job Packs
- Experience of working with a traffic management team
- Experience of working under permits
- Use of hydrants
- Clean driving licence
- Experienced jetter and pump operator
- Able to follow Openreach plans and devise re-routes if applicable
WE'LL LOVE YOU IF...
- NRSWA Streetworks Unit 2
- Confined Space certificate
- Taking great pride in your vehicle and tools
- Can do approach to removing obstacles
- Thorough and meticulous with record keeping
- Able to follow job pack (using tablet)
- Working with cablers and civils contractors in collaboration to get the job done
AND IN RETURN, YOU'LL GET...
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Gym membership discount
- Generous life insurance policy
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Career progression
- Free parking
- Friendly working environment
- Company laptop
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- COVID secure and risk assessed employer