3rd Line IT Support Engineer
Location: Kings Hill, Kent
Salary: £30,000 - £37,500
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
A BIT ABOUT US
Here at Trooli, we’re on a mission to banish buffering, vanish video call embarrassment and clear up those “up to” speed claims that give broadband a bad name.
How? By providing our new, guaranteed, ultrafast, full fibre broadband speeds to as many communities as possible across Kent, East Sussex and beyond.
We’ve already got the great network, now we need more great people to take us even further.
Think you can help? Here’s why you should get in touch …
-We’re passionate about growth
We’ve come a long way in 3 years, from nothing to 200,000+ premises passed, 10 staff to over 250 and are now one of the most respected altnets in the industry – and that’s just the start. But it’s not just our network, we’re passionate about ensuring our employees grow with us too.
-We’re passionate about our people
At the heart of our culture is a belief that a company should be much more than politics and processes. That doesn’t mean these don’t exist, but it does mean that our people are the most important part of our business, that life here is that bit more fun and our high staff retention rates are something we’re rightly proud of.
-We’re passionate about our customers – wouldn’t it be nice for a broadband network to be independent of Openreach and have complete control of where it builds and the experience our customers receive? Well, that’s exactly what Trooli is and with an Excellent Trustpilot rating from our customers, it’s clear we’re doing something right!
Still interested? Read on…
Excellent opportunity for a 3rd line engineer looking to work within a highly established technical department. The role will cover all aspects of the internal IT systems from desktop and server support through to cloud and data centre management. This role is ideal for someone who has been working within a senior support role and looking to further expand their skill set working within a skilled and friendly team of engineers. Opportunities to specialise in specific technologies or move into more networking or security focused positions will also be available.
THE DAY JOB
- Configuration and installation of hardware within offices and datacentres
- Provisioning of new network services and software applications
- Working as an escalation point to other engineers on projects and support requests
- Maintaining and provisioning ESXi infrastructure
- Management of internal and hosted software platforms such as Azure/365 and Salesforce
- Developing and implementing system processes/changes for infrastructure optimisation
- Escalating priority issues to senior engineers
WE'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU IF...
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience working within an IT support role
- You will have a passion for technology with hands on experience of Microsoft desktop and server operating systems, Dell/HP server hardware, Linux, Azure/365/MDM, MSSQL/MySQL/Postgres and VMware ESXi/vSphere
- You will also fully understand networking components such as TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP and VLAN.
- You have excellent time management and can work both alone and within a team on various workloads simultaneously
- Have either managed directly or been heavily involved in software or hardware deployment projects.
WE'LL LOVE YOU IF...
- Any scripting skills (Python, C, PHP)
- Experience within datacenter environments
- Any experience with database clustering
- SAN technologies
- HA/DR Solutions
- Juniper hardware
AND IN RETURN, YOU'LL GET...
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Gym membership discount
- Generous life insurance policy
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Career progression
- Free parking
- Friendly working environment
- Company laptop
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- COVID secure and risk assessed employer