Salary: £30,000 - £37,000
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
A BIT ABOUT US
Here at Trooli, we’re on a mission to banish buffering, vanish video call embarrassment and clear up those “up to” speed claims that give broadband a bad name.
How? By providing our new, guaranteed, ultrafast, full fibre broadband speeds to as many communities as possible across Kent, East Sussex and beyond.
We’ve already got the great network, now we need more great people to take us even further.
Think you can help? Here’s why you should get in touch
We’re passionate about growth
We’ve come a long way in 2 years, from nothing to 50,000+ premises passed, 10 staff to over 100 and are now one of the most respected altnets in the industry – and that’s just the start. But it’s not just our network, we’re passionate about ensuring our employees grow with us too.
We’re passionate about our people
At the heart of our culture is a belief that a company should be much more than politics and processes. That doesn’t mean these don’t exist, but it does mean that our people are the most important part of our business, that life here is that bit more fun and our high staff retention rates are something we’re rightly proud of.
-We’re passionate about our customers – wouldn’t it be nice for a broadband network to be independent of Openreach and have complete control of where it builds and the experience our customers receive? Well, that’s exactly what Trooli is and with an Excellent Trustpilot rating from our customers, it’s clear we’re doing something right!
Still interested? Read on…
We’re a small company with a very exciting future. This leadership role provides a great opportunity to combine working on-site with flexible desk-based working. You will lead our team of splicing engineers and be responsible for the end to end quality of our fibre network. You will be tasked with extending our network to a complete town or village. This role is ideal for an experienced splicing engineer who would like to extend their experience to team management and the ownership of design and quality standards. The Fibre Splicing Manager manages complex work in fibre optics installation and maintenance, including performance and fusion splicing and testing.
THE DAY JOB
- Workload allocation and prioritisation
- Training and development
- Attendance management
- Delegation and dissemination of the Trooli strategy through objective setting
- Ownership of the delivery, quality and H&S standards
- Leading by example, an exemplar for our Trooli standards
- A strong leader with the ability to motivate and organise a small team of fibre splicers tasked with ensuring the delivered network is of the highest quality, delivered on time, within budget and safely.
- An understanding of XGS-PON optical fibre networks
- Creation of the Fibre Design Allocations
- Ownership of the end to end testing specification
- Continual improvement - relating to the overall fibre specification, testing regime and quality standards
- Advisory input on equipment standards
- Trouble shooting - the Splicing Manager will be the central point of contact and owner of serious incidents within the network
- Supporting installation team and routine maintenance team with any technical issues
Working, dotted line, closely with the Technical Director the Splicing Manager will own the operational design, standard and quality regime for the deployed network for the South Central Region.
- Management of the testing plan
- Review of test results
- Identification of known errors and remediation plans
- Collation and recording of test results against the plan
- Completing network handovers to live once build is complete
- Input into the overall development of full fibre broadband products
- Advisory on suppliers and products used to provide the service
- Dissemination of the Trooli splicing and testing requirements to suppliers and sub-contractors
- Technical advisory to suppliers and sub-contractors
- Training and guidance
- Input to trouble shooting and problem solving in collaboration with suppliers
- Validating and approving sub-contractor invoices
WE'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU IF...
- A detailed knowledge of Fibre Networking design and limitations.
- In depth experience of splicing techniques and processes.
- A thorough understanding of OTDR configuration, testing and results interpretation.
- Trouble shooting and fault finding in Optical Fibre networks.
- Understanding of FTTP, PIA and the Openreach network.
- A detailed working knowledge of a fibre network build through significant prior job experience and training on site.
- Experience of managing teams and effectively managing performance.
- Experience and Qualification within street works and an understanding of the New Roads & Street Works Act 1991(NRSWA).
- Experience of working on the Openreach Network
- Demonstrable experience of working with/for telecommunications operators or service partners.
- Strong fit for our brand and organisational culture.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Ms Project.
WE'LL LOVE YOU IF...
- Fibre expert
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management
- Assertive and dependable
- Self-motivated organiser
- Flexibility and adaptability
- Confidence with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Ability to interpret plans in various formats
- High level of numeracy
- Desirable: Knowledge of NSRWA Streetworks (training will be given)
AND IN RETURN, YOU'LL GET...
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Generous life insurance policy
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Career progression
- Free parking
- Friendly working environment
- Company laptop
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- COVID secure and risk assessed employer