Salary: £28,000 - £37,000
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
A BIT ABOUT US
Here at Trooli, we’re on a mission to banish buffering, vanish video call embarrassment and clear up those “up to” speed claims that give broadband a bad name.
How? By providing our new, guaranteed, ultrafast, full fibre broadband speeds to as many communities as possible across Kent, East Sussex and beyond.
We’ve already got the great network, now we need more great people to take us even further.
Think you can help? Here’s why you should get in touch …
-We’re passionate about growth
We’ve come a long way in 2 years, from nothing to 200,000+ premises passed, 10 staff to over 100 and are now one of the most respected altnets in the industry – and that’s just the start. But it’s not just our network, we’re passionate about ensuring our employees grow with us too.
-We’re passionate about our people
At the heart of our culture is a belief that a company should be much more than politics and processes. That doesn’t mean these don’t exist, but it does mean that our people are the most important part of our business, that life here is that bit more fun and our high staff retention rates are something we’re rightly proud of.
-We’re passionate about our customers – wouldn’t it be nice for a broadband network to be independent of Openreach and have complete control of where it builds and the experience our customers receive? Well, that’s exactly what Trooli is and with an Excellent Trustpilot rating from our customers, it’s clear we’re doing something right!
Still interested? Read on…
We’re a small company with a very exciting future. You will be an experienced and competent cabler who completes work to the highest quality. You will be responsible for managing a team of cablers, installing our own fibre optic cables inside installation of the existing BT Openreach ducts to build our ultrafast broadband network.
THE DAY JOB
- Risk assessments. Carry out risk assessments prior to work.
- Managing the team of cablers
- Box-to-Box diagrams. Interpret box-to-box diagrams and maps to understand the routes.
- Safety. Make each entry point safe using gate guards and signage as appropriate.
- Proving routes. Carry out rodding and roping to establish whether the planned cable routes are clear and viable.
- Blockages. Identify blockages and attempt to pass them.
- A55 forms. Complete A55 forms to identify the precise location of any blockage that requires clearance using a dig-down.
- Traffic management. Use traffic management as needed in accordance with Chapter 8.
- Civils contractors. Work with contractors as needed.
- Cable the routes. Using the information supplied in Job Packs: prepare cable and pull into the route, install following ropes for the next cable where required, leave coils for installing Trooli equipment, and secure the cables.
- Label and record. Label in accordance with BT Openreach requirements at entry and exit points. Take photographs as required for completing As-built documentation.
- Vehicle and tools. Take responsibility for tools issued and the vehicle assigned to you in accordance with our vehicle policy.
WE'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU IF...
The successful applicant will have a proven track record of high-quality cabling work, management experience and excellent references, with at least 3 years’ experience of cabling in BT Openreach ducts and infrastructure - both overhead and underground and a minimum of 2 years management experience.
WE'LL LOVE YOU IF...
- NSRWA Unit 2 Signage, guarding and light
- NSRWA Unit LA Avoidance of underground apparatus.
- IPAF MEWP Mobile Boom 1B.
- Knowledge and experience of working to BT Openreach standards and processes for underground safety, working at height and confined spaces.
- Current qualification to work on BT Network or equivalent.
- Full clean driving license and age appropriate license to tow cable trailer
- You have a minimum for 2 years management experience
AND IN RETURN, YOU'LL GET...
25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
Generous life insurance policy
Company sick pay after qualifying period
Friendly working environment
Employee referral scheme
Cycle to work scheme
COVID secure and risk assessed employer