Customer Installation Engineer
Salary: £22,000 - £30,000
Job Type: Permanent, Full Time
A BIT ABOUT US
Here at Trooli, we’re on a mission to banish buffering, vanish video call embarrassment and clear up those “up to” speed claims that give broadband a bad name.
How? By providing our new, guaranteed, ultrafast, full fibre broadband speeds to as many communities as possible across Kent, East Sussex and beyond.
We’ve already got the great network, now we need more great people to take us even further.
Think you can help? Here’s why you should get in touch …
- We’re passionate about growth
We’ve come a long way in 3 years, from nothing to 200,000+ premises passed, 10 staff to over 250 and are now one of the most respected altnets in the industry – and that’s just the start. But it’s not just our network, we’re passionate about ensuring our employees grow with us too.
- We’re passionate about our people
At the heart of our culture is a belief that a company should be much more than politics and processes. That doesn’t mean these don’t exist, but it does mean that our people are the most important part of our business, that life here is that bit more fun and our high staff retention rates are something we’re rightly proud of.
- We’re passionate about our customers – wouldn’t it be nice for a broadband network to be independent of Openreach and have complete control of where it builds and the experience our customers receive? Well, that’s exactly what Trooli is and with an Excellent Trustpilot rating from our customers, it’s clear we’re doing something right!
Still interested? Read on…
Some companies would define the job as installing broadband to our new customers. We think that downplays it a bit…. You’ll be one of the key faces of our business, the 1st person our new customers see as you make their dream of ultrafast broadband a reality, the person they remember and as much of a reason why they’ll give us 5 stars as the ultrafast broadband you’re installing. Confident of giving our customers a smile as well as ultrafast broadband, you will be working within a region locally.
THE DAY JOB
- Provision of FTTP Broadband services in both residential and business premises
- Deployment and commissioning of customer premises equipment including ONT and router
- Deliver professional and concise customer handover
- Self-audit all works and ensure it meets all applicable technical and operational quality standards
- Work efficiently and tidily, maintaining a clean environment at all times
- Respond effectively and appropriately to all customer requests and enquiries
- Complete work to agreed time scales
- Comply with Health & Safety standards
- Ensure that all work activities comply with environmental regulations
- Ensure the use of plant and tools are conducted in a safe manner, meeting the requirements for operation of the specific equipment
- Comply with company Transport Policy
The role is principally working within a customer installation team. However, you may also be required to carry out cabling work on our core distribution network.
WE'D LIKE TO SPEAK TO YOU IF...
- You will be able to develop excellent working relationships within your team, with your manager, and with other teams within Trooli
- You strive to make efficiencies and work smarter
- You have excellent organisation skills.
- You are a clear and concise communicator
- You are physically fit to carry out manual handling
- ‘Can Do’ mindset with focus on customer satisfaction beyond expectations
- A collaborative and innovative approach to service delivery and problem solving
- Full UK Driving License
WE'LL LOVE YOU IF...
- You have fibre installation/splicing skills and experience in fibre welcome but not necessary.
- Good understanding of WiFi and various broadband capable devices and be able to demonstrate this to customers
- Good understanding of fibre terminology and able to communicate this effectively to customers as well as colleagues within the business
- Well-presented and able to demonstrate a professional image as the face of the business
- Self-motivated and able to work independently on a solo basis
- Able to demonstrate empathy with customers and colleagues – personable and friendly
- Calm under pressure and ability to work in a methodical way in a busy environment
- Proactive and efficient, and willing to go the extra mile for customers
- Passion for our purpose and mission
- Strong fit for our brand and organisational culture
AND IN RETURN, YOU'LL GET...
- 25 days paid holiday, plus bank holidays
- Gym membership discount
- Generous life insurance policy
- Company sick pay after qualifying period
- Career progression
- Free parking
- Friendly working environment
- Company laptop
- Employee referral scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- COVID secure and risk assessed employer